Communication and Promotion Advisor
My Volunteer Experience
With degrees in communications from l'Université du Québec en Outaouais and Ottawa University, Joanie Verret is completing a one-year assignment in Bamako, the capital of Mali. As the daughter of a diplomat, she spent more than 10 years of her life outside of Canada. “That’s where my interest in international cooperation comes from. Uniterra is a perfect way to move from an interest to something real,” she says.
Her assignment consists of assisting Thiam Diallo, her counterpart responsible for communications and promotion in the Réseau national d'appui à la promotion de l'économie sociale et solidaire au Mali [the National Support Network Promoting The Social and Solidarity Economy], better known as RENAPESS Mali. The social and solidarity economy is defined as “a non-profit economic practice that helps develop new ways to consider and fuel the economy while preserving democratic values. This approach aims to improve social and economic conditions while respecting sustainable development” (RENAPESS web site).
To this end, Joanie supports four RENAPESS member groups: Kissima industrie, Covatex, l’Association des groupements villageois féminins [The Association of Village Women’s Groups] and l’Association jeunesse action Mali [Mali Youth Action Association].
- December 5, 2013
- 2013 International Volunteer DayVolunteer Day
- November 5, 2013
- Uniterra announces the winners of the "Making a difference, one photo at a time!” Photo Contest
- November 1, 2013
- International Forum in Ottawa
- September 18, 2013
- Have you registered yet for the 2013 International Forum?
- Conseiller-ère volontaire à l'appui au renforcement des compétences techniques en secrétariat et en administration, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en appui en recherche de financement, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en formation de formateurs en technique de construction de bâtiment par l'approche par compétence, HAITI