Member of the organisation ALPHADEV, Senegal
My Volunteer Experience
My name is Fatoumata Soly, I am a member of a Senegalese organisation called ALPHADEV. I have been working over 12 years building the capacities of and accompanying disadvantaged populations, including women’s groups, through literacy and women entrepreneurship.
My engagement in social and solidarity economy is motivated by the fight against loan sharks from microfinance institutions; the systems of micro-credit loans at high rates constitute obstacles to the development of disadvantaged populations. In consequence, women have limited access to credit to undertake economic activities, making it harder encourage their financial empowerment and entrepreneurship.
I expect that the FIESS will enable me to share experiences with others, to widen our intervention approaches in social and solidarity economy, and to establish partnerships.
Mrs. Fatoumata Soly is coming to the FIESS as a representative of ALPHADEV from Senegal.
- December 5, 2013
- 2013 International Volunteer DayVolunteer Day
- November 5, 2013
- Uniterra announces the winners of the "Making a difference, one photo at a time!” Photo Contest
- November 1, 2013
- International Forum in Ottawa
- September 18, 2013
- Have you registered yet for the 2013 International Forum?
- Conseiller-ère volontaire à l'appui au renforcement des compétences techniques en secrétariat et en administration, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en appui en recherche de financement, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en formation de formateurs en technique de construction de bâtiment par l'approche par compétence, HAITI