Making a difference,
one person at a time
Uniterra supports organizations in developing countries that work to improve living conditions in their communities. Its actions involve:
Uniterra gives you the means to take concrete action and to make a real difference by applying your skills and experience.
Since the start of the Uniterra program in 2004:
- More than 3,000 Canadian men and women have made the international leap as volunteers.
- 600 organizations in 13 countries have been supported in their development initiatives.
- 200,000 people in developing countries, 60% of them women, have enhanced their skills in various fields thanks to exchanges with volunteers.
- 480,000 people in developing countries have improved their living conditions, benefiting directly from the support of the program.
- More than a million people, 62% of them women, benefited from our partners' actions on the field.
- 1,400,000 Canadian men and women have been made aware of development issues.
The Uniterra program was established jointly by:
World University Service of Canada (WUSC), a non-profit organization promoting human development and global understanding through education and training. WUSC has development projects in 18 countries and is supported by a network of volunteers on university and college campuses across Canada and abroad.
The International Centre for Studies and Cooperation (CECI), a Canadian non-governmental organization involved in development, international cooperation and humanitarian assistance that, for more than 50 years, has been fighting poverty and exclusion among the most marginalized communities in Africa, Asia and the Americas.
The Uniterra program is undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD).
- Personne accompagnatrice QSF "Jeunes et branchés: pour un artisanat plus compétitif et fructueux !", BOLIVIA
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en appui à la formation professionnelle en techniques pratiques en climatisation et réfrigération, HAITI
- Conseillère ou conseiller volontaire au renforcement des capacités de gestion des coopératives scolaires , HAITI