One week that will
change your life
Every year, the International Seminar offers Canadian postsecondary students or recent graduates an experience in a developing country. Under the supervision of internship coordinators, the participants collaborate with students from the host country on a common project covering a predetermined development issue.
Operation of the International Seminar includes a mandatory two days pre-departure training course in Canada, an orientation session in the host country, a series of conferences and workshops, and other program activities, ending with presentations and reports on the analysis done. Upon returning to Canada, participants carry out public engagement activities to share their experiences and recommendations on their campuses, with their communities and to Uniterra, in the form of presentations, on-line reports and multimedia productions.
When: February 15th to 22nd, 2014
Where : Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Who : 15 youth from Burkina Faso, Canada, Ghana, Guinea et Senegal
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- Be currently registered at a Canadian university or college or have recently graduated;
- Be (or have been) an active WUSC local committee member or involved in a youth association;
- Have an intermediate knowledge of French or being bilingual (an asset)
- Have a demonstrated interest and/or experience linked to the youth employability and entrepreneurship issues;
- Have a demonstrated interest in international issues
- Have a demonstrated interest in the host country and region;
- Have a good academic record;
- Be open minded, respectful and tolerant;
- Have a team spirit and a capacity for adaptation
- Have skills in analysis, research and report writing;
- Be available for the pre-departure training on November 30th and December 1st in Ottawa.
The expenses covered by the program are:
- Pre-departure training course in Canada (Transportation, accommodation, meals)
- Round-trip air ticket
- Accommodations in Burkina Faso
- Meals in Burkina Faso
- Health insurance
The selected participants agree to make a minimum financial contribution of $500 to cover part of the total cost of their participation. The Uniterra team can provide support for their financing campaign.
The recruitment for the 2014 International Seminar has been completed.
We encourage you to continue to check the website to see when the next opportunities will be opened. In the meantime, we also invite you to see other internships opportunities through the Uniterra program with Students Without Borders.
Each year for over 65 years, WUSC holds the International Seminar which offers Canadian postsecondary students an experience in a developing country. Now the Seminar is offered by WUSC and CECI through the Uniterra program. To learn more on the previous Seminars and to maybe even tempt you in participating:
Follow us on the Uniterra International Seminar Facebook
Watch their videos in the Uniterra Youtube channel
Read their blog:
- December 5, 2013
- 2013 International Volunteer DayVolunteer Day
- November 5, 2013
- Uniterra announces the winners of the "Making a difference, one photo at a time!” Photo Contest
- November 1, 2013
- International Forum in Ottawa
- September 18, 2013
- Have you registered yet for the 2013 International Forum?
- Conseiller-ère volontaire à l'appui au renforcement des compétences techniques en secrétariat et en administration, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en appui en recherche de financement, HAITI
- Conseiller-ère volontaire en formation de formateurs en technique de construction de bâtiment par l'approche par compétence, HAITI